Pancakesvegan pancakes by arimoore of flickr
Pancakes are so versatile. This is a basic tasty egg-free and dairy-free pancake recipe.
Use for sweet or savoury dishes.
For a pancake recipe variation, try our Rich Fruity Pancakes.
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- 115g flour (pref wholemeal)
- 55g soya/chickpea/gram flour (if you don't have this use a little more wholemeal flour and 1 more tsp oil)
- 250ml soya milk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- Sieve the flours into a bowl. Gradually whisk in the soya milk to make a smooth sauce. Add the oil.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes
- Drop 1-3 tbs of the mixture into a frying pan containing hot oil. When one side is cooked, flip over and cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and serve with sugar and lemon juice or whatever you like, sweet or savoury.
Other suggested fillings
The options are endless, and you can try some of the following.
fruit salad, maple syrup, chocolate sauce, soya cream, soya ice cream, peanut butter and banana
stir fry vegetables drizzled with a peanut sauce, dairy-free cream cheeze and herbs, tofu and leeks, veggie chilli, baked beans and fried onions
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.