Mango Banana MoussePhoto: Francis Storr of flickr
This is incredibly simple and simply incredible, if I say so myself!
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- bowl (about 2 cups) of dried mango, soaked in water for 4 or more hours
- 1 banana
- 100ml soya cream or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup crushed ice (optional)
- Using a jug blender or hand blender, whizz all ingredients together into a smooth dessert.
- Add a little more cream / coconut milk if gets too thick to blend, more ice if it becomes too runny.
- Serve immediately or chill briefly.
Thanks to Francis Storr of flickr for sharing her photo of dried mango selling in a French market.
This recipe is a great way to turn over-leathery dried mango into an exquisite dessert. Choose the unsweetened preservative-free type, as mango is very sweet by itself and brings freshness without the additives.
If you used fresh coconut and more ice, then this would be a gorgeous raw recipe.
- Difficulty: Beginners
- Preparation: No Cook
- Provides: 4 servings
- Yields: small bowls
- Vegginess:: Vegan
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Total: 5 minutes
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.