dairy-free creamy sauce - rich
There are several ways to make a vegan creamy sauce which vary in heaviness and richness, but all work well. You can choose which one based on what ingredients and equipment you have to hand, and what dish you are aiming to create.
This one is one of the best but requires a hand-blender to homogenise and thicken properly. It was shown to me by Tony Bishop-Weston years ago and I haven't looked back. It makes gorgeous cream for desserts too.
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- 1.25 cups sweetened soya milk
- 1 cup sunflower/rapeseed/olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon or most of that of a lime
- Blend together the oil and juice thoroughly with a hand blender (not a liquidiser). Then blend in the soya milk.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes to thicken, or thicken up with mashed potato.
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Total: 10 minutes
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.